Saturday, June 19, 2021

Changes

Like you may know, the last couple of years have been quite eventful, with lots of downs and I dare say, ups as well. I was blessed with an angel as a line manager in January of 2020, the process to joining the team is a story in itself, but when God wants to work, He truly does in ways we never understand. The past 18 months have taught me more patience, 8 years taught me endurance; looking forward to what the next years have in store and how to use the past lessons on this new journey.
I have written about my entry into marketing again, something I had longed for; while my personal assessment on the job does not impress me, the impact (as I was told on the 18th day of June 2021), gladens my heart.
Back to the matter, here is me minding my business, looking to leave the organization I work with, only to be called and persuaded to apply for a job I felt I was not ready for. I buckled and applied!
Went through the interview in one of my lowest points, found out my first line manager in this organization also applied for the same role, then got called that I have gotten the job on June 10, 2021. I am the fucking GM for West Africa for a business I worked my socks for and loved for Nigeria, for 5 years.
Still trying to express my joy so pardon me. I will make this a thread make I rest first. 19th June 2021, 19:30hrs

No comments:

Post a Comment